2. Inverted Pyramid Structure and Types of Leads
3. Fairy Tale Lead Activity: Report Out
4. ICB Focus Questions
- Why would Perry choose to purchase stockings from a nun? What is this detail telling us about his character?
- Note Willie-Jay's description of Perry. How is Capote playing with the readers' emotions?
- To what extent is Perry a tragic hero?
- On page 46, how does an act of fate change Perry's future?
- How do we feel about Perry's 'confession' about killing the“colored” man with a bicycle chain on pages 53-56?
HW Discussion Questions:
- Read to Page 96
- In your English Folder: jot down five questions you would like to discuss with your group. They could be questions that came to your mind while reading, questions you’d like to ask the author, questions you’d like to investigate, or any other questions you think the group might like to discuss. You will need to have a written answer for one of them that is at least one paragraph.