2. Read the NYT article In Bullying Case, Questions on NFL Culture and choose three of the following questions to respond to on your blog. Each question should have a 3-5 sentence response. When finished, visit the blogs of three other people and post a comment to their response.
- When do pranks cross the line to become bullying?
- How important is intention — whether or not the perpetrator meant to cause emotional harm? How important is the reaction — whether the victim of the prank feels hurt, or not?
- Have you ever been the victim of a prank that felt more hurtful than funny?
- Have you ever committed a prank that might have crossed a line? Did you apologize or feel regretful?
- The behavioral patterns that have been said to occur on the Miami Dolphins include “racist and homophobic slurs and macho threats against a player and his mother,” according to a Times editorial. How do you think the N.F.L. should treat harassment and abuse in the locker room and off the field?
3. Complete the Page One Response in your English folder.
HW: College Essay Draft Letter