2. NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/opinion/sunday/on-dying-after-your-time.html
Read the above article and then respond to at least two of the below questions on your blog:
- Should scientists try to help people beat old age so we can live radically longer lives? Why?
- How long would you want to live, if you could choose your life span?
- Do you agree with the author that “adding years to a life doesn’t necessarily make it any fuller?”
- What would be the benefits of a scientific breakthrough that allowed people to live radically longer lives?
- Do you think the benefits outweigh the potential negative consequences, such as higher health care costs for society and fewer jobs for young people? Explain.
3. Hard News Practice: Do this with a partner, and when you finish, post the article as a comment to this blog post.
HW: Read to page 148 in ICB